I've never been in a legal state on 4/20, so when Mason Jar Event Group reached out to ask if I'd like to come to their SPRING event to run their social media for the holidaze, I happily (and ecstatically) accepted!
Prior to the event, I created some graphics for Mason Jar to share on social media like I did for their WINTER event, alerting people that the event was coming up. I then manned the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts for the event, focusing on capturing most of the event on Instagram stories (view snapshots below).
I'm excited to share that I'll be doing some more work for Mason Jar for their upcoming events as well, including invitation and menu design alongside social graphics and manning of the accounts during the event, so be sure to subscribe to my newsletter for updates on those projects!!
SPRING Menu and Pairings
- Chicken Mole: Slow roasted chicken drumsticks and toasted sesame seeds in a mole verde sauce. Paired with Craft 710's Panacea Cornbread Live Resin
- Cornbread concentrate: Enjoy in a Symbiartic Glass piece. This 80/20 Indica-dominant hybrid strain crosses Katsu Bubba Kush and Rare Darkness #2. Its aroma is a sweet mix of lemons and incense, and like a perfect appetizer, Cornbread is all you'll need to invite the appetite before dinner. With heavy, tranquilizing effects that relax the body, Cornbread also makes a great nightcap as you transition into sleep.
- Verlasso Salmon Crudo: with grapefruit, pickled mustard seeds, and salt-cured cactus. Paired with Lightshade's Lavender Jones and an Exotic Fruit Mockarita with grapefruit, lime and agave
- Lavender Jones flower: A balanced hybrid thought to be first cultivated here in Colorado, this strain is unique in appearance and fragrance. Light tones of purple pop up throughout the buds, while the aroma has slightly sweet, floral and fragrant hints from parent strain Purple Urkle. On the other side of the gene pool, Casey Jones exudes a culinary spice flavor throughout, especially when her buds are broken open. This strain is balanced in terms of effects — she feels more like a Sativa at first, then finishes with some Indica-influenced relaxation.
- Jamon Serrano, Mezcal-Cured Salmon and Spinach Chorizo: with shaved asparagus, heirloom carrots, watercress and Manchego cheese in an olive vinaigrette. Paired with your INDVR Vaporizer, featuring Super Lemon Haze oil, and a Cucumber Sipper with serrano, mint, lemon, agave, and a dash of sparkling spring water
- Super Lemon Haze: This strain is a sativa-dominant hybrid of Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze, and two-time Cannabis Cup winner from Green House Seeds. Its scent is zesty, citrusy, and slightly sweet, with a taste that's tart and sweet like Lemonheads candy. The effects are uniquely energetic and lively.
- Sipping Broth: with dashi-chile "tea." Paired with Stillwater's Ripple 5 mg 1:1 CBD:THC
- Carne Asada: Grilled Colorado lamb loin with wild mushrooms, spring onions, bitter greens and warm tortillas
- Ahi Tuna: with chile-crusted hot carrots, green onion marmalade, charred pineapple salad, guacamole and tostada shells. Paired with a nibble of The Growing Kitchen's Zoom Ball OR Go-Chi Ball and a beverage named after a favored strain, The Pineapple Express, with fresh carrot, red chile and Myer lemon juices
- Go-Chi Ball: Walnuts, apples, and cranberries join goji berries in this little drop of health-bestowing bliss. 10 mg THC
- Zoom Ball: This coconut-sprinkled ball gets its sweetness from a combination of almonds, dates, apricots, and raisins; and its uplifting effects from a blend of spirulina and cannabis Sativa. 10 mg THC
- Voodoo Spiced Cherry Hand Pies: Paired with Lightshade's White Dawg and Steepfuze CBD infused Mason Jar Blend Cafe
- White Dawg Flower: Awarded second place in the Hybrid category during the Denver Medical Cannabis Cup, this delicious hybrid is a must-have. Most obvious in the bud growth are its light green coloring and long red hairs, providing a fruity flavor and a diesel smell. Fans of her parent Chem Dawg will enjoy the heady effect that she provides. Conversely, fans of her other parent, The White, will notice the frosty sugar coating on her buds that provides a high THC and CBD count.
*All menu information provided here has been directly copied from the SPRING menu by Mason Jar
To see a live stream I did from the event, visit my Facebook profile!
Below are images and video stills that were posted to Instagram Stories during the event
Copyright © 2017 Kristen Williams, All Rights Reserved