I've had a thing lately for bacon. I never understood the obsession before, but I've recently hopped on board the all-bacon train. The only problem is finding it responsibly made in the area I live in, so I don't eat it all too often.
For lunch today, I made Tortellini-Spinach soup to go with my poppers, along with some baked cheese sticks. See below on how to make each item!
Fresh jalapenos (I got mine from the local farmer's market)
Cream cheese - I used whipped Greek Yogurt + Cream Cheese by Kroger
Cheddar cheese - I used Horizon natural shredded cheddar cheese
Bacon - as humanely raised and as little sugar added as possible
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Slice jalapenos lengthwise and spoon out seeds. Use gloves to avoid later accidentally burning your eyes or lips off. Rinse halved jalapenos (if you don't like them super spicy, like me)
3. Fill jalapeno halves with cream cheese. Top with a pinch of shredded or sliced cheddar cheese.
4. Cut a slice of bacon in half (or don't, whatever floats your boat), and wrap it around the jalapeno + cheese boat.
5. Place poppers on oiled baking sheet. Cook at 425 for 8-12 minutes, checking every so often to make sure they don't get over done. Once the bacon is crispy/at your liking, they are finished
Nasoya Eggroll Wraps
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees F
2. Fold a half slice of desired cheese and wrap in eggroll.
3. Place on baking sheet.
4. Bake 5 minutes. Flip. Bake 2 minutes.