- 2 c. pitted dates
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao + 1 tbsp for coating
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, liquid
- 1 oz. Highland Pantry Almond Butter (THC or CBD) or regular almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 squares/2 tbsp. melted dark chocolate (we used 85% cacao)
- 2 pinches of sea salt + extra for topping
- Unless your dates are already soft, soak them in a bowl of warm water for at least 30 minutes. Dry the dates before using.
- Blend dates and cacao powder in food processor (or high quality blender) until it is smooth and consistent. Be sure to scrape down the edges of the bowl with a spatula as you go.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Cover and place in fridge for approximately 30 minutes (this helps it stiffen up a bit and be less tricky to roll)
- Roll the dough into small balls, and then coat with cacao powder and top with sea salt. Keep them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Copyright © 2016 Kristen Williams, All Rights Reserved