Adapted from 100 Days of Real Food
2 eggs (I use "happy" eggs; cage free and local!)
1 3/4 c. milk (I use cashew milk because dairy really irritates my allergies)
1/4 c. oil (I used melted butter)
1 tbsp. honey (again, I used local since it supposedly helps allergies)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
100% Maple Syrup (officially my favorite sweetener)
1. Whisk eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon + baking soda
2. Add in flour, baking powder, salt + whisk until big lumps are gone
3. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray
4. Pour about 1/3 c. batter onto each side of waffle iron. Cook until crispy. Top with a little butter.
Excerpted and adapted from Myriad, coming as an eBook very soon!
1 c. fruit (I used blueberries and raspberries)
1 tsp. honey
1. Mash fruit in mortar and pestle; combine fruit with honey in small saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes.
3. Raise temperature to medium heat. Boil mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water if needed.
Other Topping Ideas
Eggs + Bacon
Waffle-ironed cinnamon apple slices
Cream cheese + Mango